Reception Music Suggestions
Bands, DJs or playlists played through your device on our PA system will end at 9:30 PM. It is mandatory that a copy of the musician contract(s) be emailed to us prior to your signature. By sending this ahead of time we can ensure that the staging, electrical, meal and set-up requirements can be met and that the musicians can meet our expectations on volume. As we are in an agricultural setting with the Von Trapp dairy farm on our northern border and a Morgan horse farm on our southern border, we aim for high energy, fun bands who will work with us to ensure proper volume. We will also be in contact with your musicians prior to the day of your event to insure correct arrival times and expectations. Please note the following section of our Barn Policies pertaining to music:
3- The barn owner requires copies of all music vendor contracts prior to signature to ensure that all of the following points have been met:
- a- As The Skinner Barn is in an agricultural/residential neighborhood, live music, DJs or music played on our PA system must end by 9:30 pm.
- b- Acoustic instruments and low-volume amplification in the hayloft area are permitted.
- c- DJ's and self-mixed devices with your playlists work well and the house sound system may be used for your convenience.
- d- Live bands that feature rock, funk or heavily amplified music are not appropriate for this venue and are not allowed. Bluegrass, jazz, Big Band, and traditional music bands work well here and are welcome.
- e- Acoustic (unamplified, non-electric) music for your outside ceremony and outside reception is welcomed.
- f- Amplified music and percussion instruments are not permitted outside on the barn grounds. This includes electric pianos, sound systems, etc.
Here are some folks who are popular here at The Skinner Barn:
Atlantic Crossing • Rick Klein • (802) 388-9681 • firstname.lastname@example.org
For nearly two decades, the Vermont band Atlantic Crossing has been thrilling their audiences with traditional songs and acoustic instrumental music. Add a 'caller' and give your guests a contra dance experience they will never forget!
Sarah Blair & Colin McCaffrey • (802) 223-0141 • email@example.com
Two fine acoustic musicians! Sarah is acknowledged as one of Vermont's best Irish fiddlers and Colin accompanies her on acoustic guitar and also is an accomplished fiddler. Great for your ceremony • outside reception • dinner music • and add a caller and have a rousing new england contra dance!
Starline Rhythm Boys • Billy Bratcher • (802) 862.069
Honky-tonk and Rockin’billy music - get ready to kick up your dancing shoes and do the Lindy!
The Swingin' Vermont Big Band • (802) 899.1869
Performing music of the Big Band and Swing Era. A seventeen piece all acoustic orchestra, or smaller combination, with vocalists.
Mad Mountain Scramblers • Rick Sysko • (802) 496.7518
Irish penny whistle, stand-up bass, guitar, mandolin, fiddle and vocals create their toe tapping, head bobbing, gotta move tunes! Local Mad River Valley band.